It seems like everyone and their cousin are dong top/fave/best of 2012 posts. And since I am a slacker and don't feel like editing more photos right now I think I shall entertain you (I hope) with some of my favorite blog posts from this past year.
Things to keep in mind
a) I know the year isn't over but I'm not going to be any more creative and silly as I have been with these top 10 posts!
b) I only chose 10 items, but I have additional ones not listed, because choosing my favorite blog post is like asking to choose a favorite child. I just can't and I didn't want to do a Sophie's Choice.
c) The criteria I used to determine a top pick was
i. Did I have fun writing the post?
ii. Did I use obscure references, images, songs, videos, etc?
iii. Did I create a fairy tale that should really be a bedtime story for makeup obsessed toddlers?
If I answered yes to at least 2 of the criteria it became a top pic. To whittle down the list I basically arbitrarily picked items I thought you all would find more interesting than others. (A little bit of science and a little bit of BS = My Top Pics!)
1. Omorovicza Radiance Renewal Serum: While mostly a fairy tale I thought it got the point across that this stiff is full of awesome and everyone needs it. However the people over at Omorovicza, didn't think as highly of it. Oh well.
2. Balenciaga Florabotanica Eau de Parfum: A gritty "Film Noir Detective Narrative" inspired this little tale about perfume and mystery.
3. LORAC Unzippied Palette: I actually had to look up words that started with the letters 'UN' in order to complete my review of this UNbelievably UNusual palette from LORAC
4. Models Own Juicy Jules Nail Lacquer: If any blog post about nail polish can involve the talk of Unicorns or Pegasus then that is an excellent blog post indeed.
5. Medicine Mama's Apothecary - Sweet Bee Magic: The incredibly sweet and completely untrue story of how "Sweet Bee Magic" came into being. Thankfully the people at Medicine Mama's Apothecary LIKED my review!
6. NARS Eyeshadow Single in Lhasa: It has shown up on almost every list I did in 2012. It's that good! If you aren't into taupe eyeshadow, it's still worth the read for entertainment alone.
7. ManGlaze Matte Nail Color in Santorum: Oh this caused a lot of scandal. I tried my best to be objective, but when you're dealing with a matte brown nail polish named after a slang of a byproduct of a certain encounter which was named because a man with the same last name was very against certain rights for certain people...well. It gets a little messy to say the least
8. OC Eight Professional Mattifying Gel: I post this for the sheer hilarity of my face covered in Hello Kitty blotting papers. The review is almost inconsequential after seeing that image!
9. NARS Vent Glace Duo Eyeshadow Review: Another Fairytale story with little twist at the end. Beware that Dally Cowboy Fans may want to skip this after the loss to the Redskins on the 39th of December.
10: Natura BIsse nb Ceutical Eye Recovery Balm: I think I chose the wrong profession. I could have totally written scripts for those As Seen On TV commercials. Thankfully the loverly people at Natura Bisse have a sense of humor and enjoyed my review!
Of course I have other favorites that didn't quite make the list, so I suggest that you search through the 2012 archives and decide for yourself which post you like the most. I'd be flattered if you would let me know if you have one that you particularly enjoy.