It seems like everyone and their cousin are doing top/fave/best of 2012 posts. And since I am a slacker and don't feel like editing more photos right now I think I shall entertain you (I hope) with some of my favorite makeup items from this past year.
Things to keep in mind
a) I know the year isn't over and I might blog about some other super awesome fantastic makeup items before the year ends so you should still continue to read The Pink Sith Blog every day.
b) I only chose 6 items, but I had well over 20 from my original list.
c) The criteria I used to determine a top pick was
i. Did I use up the item?
ii. If I did not use up the item, did I reach for it on a daily or weekly basis?
iii. Would I or Did I repurchase this item with my own hard earned money once said product was used up?
If I answered yes to at least 2 of the criteria it became a top pic. To whittle down the list I basically arbitrarily picked items I thought you all would find more interesting than others. (A little bit of science and a little bit of BS = My Top Pics!)
1) NARS Lhasa - This taupe grey purple shadow is the epitome of LOVE. Check my bizarre review as I try to not call attention to myself during a dinner out with Moms from Darthypie's daycare. Not. i have never been invited back to a dinner with them.
2) Urban Decay 24/7 Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner - The day you can take away my UD24/7 liners is the day when you pry them from my cold, dead, well manicured fingers! I love these liners so much I wear them EVERY DAY (not all at once)
3) Kat Von D Lock It Tattoo Foundation - This is a life changing foundation for me. I can finally go out in public and no one realizes that I look lie The Predator under all that makeup!
4) Guerlain Rouge G L'Extrait in Luxure - My second obsession beyond TAUPE is RED LIPS. Check out the most fantastic matte red lip I have ever donned in my very long and crazy life!
5) Rouge Bunny Rouge Original Skin Blush in Delicata - Now that I have finally found my perfect contour blush I need not search any more. This is the perfect contour for my pale skin!
6) Le Metier de Beaute Nouvelle Vague Kaleidoscope - Want the blackest black eyeshadow that ever blacked black? Also want a great formula and three other fab colors? Well have I got a palette for you!
Do you have some top makeup picks of 2012? Share them in the comments section!