It seems like everyone and their cousin are dong top/fave/best of 2012 posts. And since I am a slacker and don't feel like editing more photos right now I think I shall entertain you (I hope) with some of my favorite makeup items from this past year.
Things to keep in mind
a) I know the year isn't over and I might blog about some other super awesome fantastic makeup items before the year ends so you should still continue to read The Pink Sith Blog every day.
b) I only chose 6 items, but I had well over 20 from my original list.
c) The criteria I used to determine a top pick was
i. Did I use up the item?
ii. If I did not use up the item, did I reach for it on a daily or weekly basis?
iii. Would I or Did I repurchase this item with my own hard earned money once said product was used up?
If I answered yes to at least 2 of the criteria it became a top pic. To whittle down the list I basically arbitrarily picked items I thought you all would find more interesting than others. (A little bit of science and a little bit of BS = My Top Pics!)
1) Le Metier de Beaute CHEM60 Pro-Peel and GLOW10ai Mask Set - This amazing yet expensive mask set will set you back several dollars, but the results are like going to a med spa for one of their peels just once. With the redesigned packaging you can get 8-10 (not the original 3-5) uses out of this at home set. Yes. I have set money aside to purchase this one the holidays are over and the malls clear out.
2) Mattify Cosmetics Ultra Powder - As oily skinned as I am I really thought there was NOTHING that would keep my oily skin in control…until I tried this awesome powder. I seriously can go up to 9 hours of shine free skin with this powder. (Your results may vary) This is so great a purchased full size last week. It's 3X bigger tun the sample size I received. I should be able to be shine free for the rest of my life….as long as I keep using this!
3) Omorovicza Radiance Renewal Serum - This product is a life saver for me with the changing weather. Going from cold to hot and hot to cold my skin is freaking out.The Omorovicza Radiance Renewal Serum keeps my skin feeling refreshed and "normal" in this crazy weather. Plus it makes my foundation go on perfectly. While this is also big bucks to purchase this is one of the few serums I have used that I'm actually sad that I'm nearing the end and I have already repurchased a full size so I will never be without it!
4) Kiehls Creme de Corps Body Lotion - OK I'm cheating as this is more body care than skin care, but this stuff is so awesome I couldn't leave it off my list for the year. I have already received a larger pump bottle for the holidays (Thank You Santa!) and I am well moisturized from my toes to my neck…remember, my face is oily, the rest of me is not.
5) LORAC Behind The Scenes Eye Primer - After my trusty TFSI eye primer just stopped working for me I picked up the LORAC Behind The Scenes Primer. Wow, what a difference this made. My shadows were brighter and lasted longer than ever before. Considering that I have only been using eye primer for about 10 years, I have tried my share of products. This, by far, is my favorite and is a regular staple in my cosmetics case
6) Stages Of Beauty Skincare Elegance Treatment Cream - Last but not least, Stages of beauty may be an on line only skin care venture and they may be slightly expensive, but whenever my skin is finally rebelling over all the different skin care I test, I know I can use this creme and my skin will go back to "normal". I finished this skin cream and immediately purchased another because being without it is like gambling with my looks. I just don't want to go there.
Do you have some top skincare picks of 2012? Share them in the comments section!