The topic for this week’s poll is all about Comic Sans Font! I know it might be annoying to some to even look at, and others might not even understand why there is so much vitriol for something as inane as a font. But alas there is. In fact there is even a website called bancomicsans.com that lists article after article about the evils of this font. The origin of Comic Sans can be attributed to or blamed on Vincent Connare. In 1994, while working for Microsoft, Mr. Connare designed the font to be used with Microsoft Bob, a now failed attempt at making MS operating systems more child friendly. The font was based on lettering from comic books, hence the Comic Sans moniker. According to statements from Connare, he never intended the font to be released for general use, and only designed it to be used in comic-book-style speech bubbles within MS Bob. Yeah right. He says that now because there is so much hate. I wonder if he would be singing the same tune if Comic Sans was lovingly embraced by the world. Comic Sans is perfectly fine in designs aimed at children or designs related to comic books or cartoons but it has NO PLACE in the business and professional world. I'm also NOT a fan of it being used on beauty blogs. That's just my personal opinion. Regardless, Comic Sans has popped up all over the damn place. I think my biggest complaint against Comic Sans is that is gives a very definite tone or feeling when it is used. That tone being mainly, amateurish, immature, informal, and childish. Comic Sans is the Nickelback of Fonts. I'll prove it. Everyone says they hate [insert "Comic Sans" or "Nickelback"] Yet it is still being [insert "used" or "sold"] like crazy. If people hated [insert "Comic Sans" or "Nickelback"] so much you think [insert "the font" or "the band"] would just go away! See? Proof positive! Even Time Magazine stated that Comic Sans was the Worst Font of all time. That's gotta mean something, right? Oh well, It's just a font after all. No reason to get so upset, right? RONG! If it wasn't for teh interwebs there would be so many things we would hate and have no idea that others felt the same way! Thank you teh interwebz for bringing us together in our collective disgust for an overused and immature font!
On To The Poll!
1. Lip Of The Day? - Dior Addict High Shine in #612, because I forgot my lipstick at home and I cleaned out my purse.
2. Answer the following statement: I find the font, Comic Sans: a) Unprofessional b)Rage inducing c)Not an issue d)What's Comic Sans? - a and sometimes b.
3. What is a beauty pet peeve of yours? - I get annoyed when people tell me that if I stopped wearing makeup my face wouldn't break out any more. That's total BS. As I have gone weeks sans MU and only used basic skin care and I still broke out. Oh an soap that is shaped and scented to look like food.
4. Answer the following statement: I find the band, Nickelback: a) Annoying b)Rage inducing c)Awful d)All of the above. - D. For sure.
5. Last beauty item you purchased? - A tweezerman Lash comb. I love it because the tines are mega thin and pointed so it gets between clumpy lashes easily. But the pointy tines fall out sometimes when you clean it and are not easily reinserted. It's a win/lose thing, but I have yet to find a lash comb that is better.