Ah. It's a new year, 2013, the Mayan Apocalypse didn't happen so I don't have to learn how to spell 'Apocalypse' correctly any more. I saw The Hobbit in IMAX 3-D, and it was AWESOME. The Christmas Tree is put away and I have a new kitten! That's right! I have a new cat, he's about 6 months old and he is all grey except for a white star in his chest and belly and two back feet with a little white fur on them. Even his nose, paws and lips are grey! He has bright orange eyes and his fur is silky soft and short. His name is....TARKIN! As in Grand Moff Wilhuff Tarkin from the Galactic Empire. (Played by Peter Cushing in the Star Wars IV A New Hope move) You know, the one that blew up Princess Leia's Planet, Alderaan
Ah, now you remember! This graphic was created by Christian Kit-Paul who actually did a series of iPhone forecasts for various Star Wars planets HERE. But since they are all in Celsius, the humor is totally lost on me. (Stupid American that I am) Anyway. The new kitten, who is almost as big as our 3 year old cat, Cujo, has taken his time to adjust to the home. I wanted to make sure he bonded with me, since Mr. Sith is The Cat Whisperer and every cat in the world loves him. Also Cujo wants nothing to do with me. He is only interested in me if he wants to nap in a lap in the evening, as I tend to sit still better than Mr. Sith. (read = I'm a sloth) Anyway. I spent 4 days and nights in the guestroom with Tarkin, while he adjusted to the new home and Cujo and Floyd the Bulldog. At first he hid under the bed for almost a day, but he got hungry and lonely enough to let me pet him, scritch him behind the ears and under his chin. He definitely bonded with me and he is MY cat. Now he follows me around the house and has become a co-dependant little cat, just Like I always wanted. He still has a few issues with biting and scratching but with appropriate (water spray bottle usage) discipline, I believe he will grow up to be an excellent leader in the Empire and a trusted adviser to The Emperor....Uh I mean he will grow up to be a good kitty that will give lots of love for a long long time.
Here is his picture. Sorry it's grainy, I took it on my iPad and I didn't have a flash or enough lighting. I promise to post more, some day, of Tarkin on twitter.
On To The Poll!
1. Lip Of The Day? - Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment in Rose. My lips are terribly chapped from the cold weather and I just need to make sure they stay moisturized.
2. Do you have any pets? What are their names? - Yes. Floyd - Dog, Cujo and Tarkin - Cats. I used to have a cat named Trauma as well, but he passed away a long time ago. He was MY cat, but totally gay for Mr. Sith.
3. Did you make any beauty resolutions this year? - I normally don't make any resolutions, beauty or otherwise. I try to just do what I need to do when I'm motivated to do it. However, I would like to get my skin in order. It's terribly broken out right now and that's because of hormones and other issues.
4. Can you believe that the Death Star was built with a fatal flaw of having a small thermal exhaust port, right below the main port. that leads directly to the reactor system? - You don't really need to answer that. I think we all know how silly that is and how sad it is that Grand Moff Tarkin overlooked that design flaw.
5. What kind of things would you like to see more of this year on The Pink Sith Blog? - I'm hoping to have a sort of schedule to have eyeshadow or Lipsticks on Mondays through Tuesdays, Hair Care or Body Care on Wednesdays, the Thursday Poll and then Foundations, Skin Care or Press Releases on Fridays. But I'm open to suggestions on what kinds of products you would like to read about.
P.S. Tarkin is a rescue cat. if you are in the NOVA area and are interested in rescuing one of his brothers or his mom e-mail me for more info.