I have a confession. It's extremely difficult for me to say this, but I think it needs to be said. Since December of 2008 I have been using Beauty Blogging Performance Enhancing Drug. I know. This must come as a shock to you because, well let's face it, my blogging career isn't all that, but I have been using these Beauty Blogging Performance Enhancing Drugs in order to be as great as Christine from Tempalia, Karen from Makeup and Beauty Blog or the other Christine from 15 Minute Beauty Fanatic. Alas, all my blog doping has only resulted in being in the middle of the pack, overlooked by certain readers and brands and under valued by various "how much is my website worth" web pages which are mostly fronts to send spam to the domain and owner. It all started so innocently. Some of the "bad girl" bloggers told me it would be fun, and everyone was doing it. I gave into peer pressure and imbibed. At first it was just once in a while, I would knock off a few posts and get all sorts of comments. But then I think I became addicted to the comments more than the Beauty Blogging Performance Enhancing Drugs. I was constantly refreshing my e-mail to see if new comments were coming in. I was printing them out and wallpapering my house with the comments. Every once in a while I would get a negative comment and it would be like my world had fallen apart. I would sit in an unattractively lit room, applying lip gloss over and over until I had finished the tube. You realize that for a beauty blogger to finish a tube of lip gloss is so momentous and unbelievable that it was a cause for celebration, right? That is how I would try and "pick myself up" after a negative comment. I would tweet about finishing a gloss and then bask in the number of favorite stars and RTs I would get. Eventually, I started taking Beauty Blogging Performance Enhancing Drugs all the time. It started to interfere with my daily life. I found myself swatching everything within sight. From lipstick to sriracha sauce, my forearm wasn't safe any more. Then I would blog into all hours of the night. Most of my posts making no sense at all because I was delirious with this fake "power" that Beauty Blogging Performance Enhancing Drugs gave me. I began to obsess about blogging about ALL THE THINGS! But that wasn't my rock bottom. No. My rock bottom was when Mr. Sith found me after a combination of a negative comment, lack of "likes" on a facebook post and no ♥'s on my latest Instagram pic, sitting in a room with flickering fluorescent lighting applying makeup. I had wanted to finish 2 glosses, a lipstick and a blush in order to get my "kudos fix" on social media. He found me covered, from head to toe, in a sticky, powdery, pink and gold shimmer mess. He saved me. He cleaned me up using my favorite Micellar Cleansing Water, brushed my hair with a natural boar bristle brush and tied it back with a no snag elastic. He toned, moisturized and primed my face and told me that no matter how famous or infamous I would ever be, no Beauty Blogging Performance Enhancing Drug would ever give me the satisfaction I sought. He was right. I knew it long ago, but it had to take me this long to admit it. I CAN blog without Beauty Blogging Performance Enhancing Drugs. I CAN get "likes" on Facebook and re-pins on Pinterest without Beauty Blogging Performance Enhancing Drugs. I know I can, and I know I will be a valuable and informative beauty blogger no matter what happens. So it is today, with unsteady yet freshly shaved and moisturized legs, I stand tall and vow never to use Beauty Blogging Performance Enhancing Drugs ever again.
On To The Poll!
1. Lip Of The Day? - Le Metier de Beaute lip gloss in Cebu. My favorite pinkygoldshimmer awesomeness!
2. When Lance Armstrong FINALLY admitted he had used performance enhancing drugs to win 7 Tour de France competitions were you surprised? - I was surprised he finally admitted it, but not surprised that he took them.
3. What is your favorite lipstick or lip gloss color and what color do you own the most of? - My favorite is RED! I love red. But I actually think I own more pink glosses than anything else, but red lipstick is a very close second.
4. Is your impression of Lance Armstrong better, worse, or unchanged since he finally confessed to using performance enhancing drugs? - A bit worse. There was always that benefit of the doubt I was giving him, but now that he admits it, he's pretty low in my eyes.
5. What is your favorite mascara for making your lashes look really tick and really long? And do you use more than one mascara? - I would have to say that I really like the Josie Maran GOGO Instant Natural Volume Argan Mascara, but I am using a sample of Tarte Gifted Amazonian Clay Smart Mascara and I am really liking it very much! I might make a change.