Thursday, May 20, 2010
Louise over at the Get Lippie blog is having a little giveaway. She is giving away some incredibly awesome stuff. Chanel nail polish, Guerlain Kohl, Chanel lipstick. Pretty nice for such an old woman (I joke, she's only a year older than me). The rules of her contest are that you either blog about what makes you happy OR, if you don't have a blog, you send an e-mail to her at firstname.lastname@example.org about something that makes you happy. I have linked her contest post under the word "giveaway" at the beginning of this post so that you all can enter too. It's not like one person's happy thing will win over another, she's using a random number generator to pick a winner from the qualified entries. So I decided to write about what makes me happy for this weeks Thursday poll. First and foremost my Husband, Mr. Sith and my son, Darthypie make me the most happy. Darthypie is 3 years old now and can identify Emperor Palpatine AND Grand Moff Tarkin by sight. That makes me happy. He squeals. "PINK DARTH VADER!" every time he sees the blog on the computer or my facebook page. He says "Mommy you're AWESOME!" like DJ Lance Rock from Yo Gabba Gabba. (If you have no idea what this is you don't have children under 5...be thankful. YGG is fun but not what I call stimulating entertainment for those over the age of 6). Aside from the 2 men in my life making me happy, my friends make me happy too. You know who you are. Some I have known for years and some I have never met in person but your friendship makes me happy. My pets make me happy...for the most part, except when HLB the cat pees outside of his litter box. Material things make me happy. I won't deny it. I like money and the things that money can buy. But other mundane things make me happy too. Fresh cut roses from out garden, peaches from our peach tree, naps in the middle of the day, fresh bed linens, jeans that fit perfectly, taupe eyeshadow. All of that makes me happy. Now here is a chance to talk about some stuff that makes you happy...and a chance for me to list some more stuff that makes me happy all at the same time. It's a win=win...and by WIN I mean LOUISE at Get Lippie. I want to WIN. LOL Actually I should be shouting the the random number generator...RNG! I WANT TO WIN! Winning would make me HAPPY! on to the poll.
1. Blush Of The Day? - BECCA PSP in Princess with MAC Alpha Girl BP from the Heatherette collection on top. It makes a nice warm glow on my cheeks.
2. What 1 mundane thing makes you happy? - Brand New Lipstick. I love the simplicity of a brand new lipstick. The potential it holds. The smooth, virgin lines of the product. And that feeling of first using it. So smooth (hopefully), so creamy (Hopefully), so perfect.
3. What is the last makeup purchase that made you happy? - For sure the BECCA Tuberose Lip & Cheek Creme and the BECCA Tatiana Lipstick. They are both such wonderful colors. I feel happy just looking at them and wearing them.
4. What Song, Movie, Book, and/or TV Show makes you happy? - Well not one specific song, but a lot of early 1980's top 40 songs sung in the car with Mr. Sith make me happy. They will make me even more happy when Darthypie is a teenager and I embarrass him doing so. A movie that makes me happy is Defending Your Life. It stars Albert Brook and Meryl Streep. It's such a funny and fun take on the afterlife and a lovely romance.
5. Is there a perfume, scent, and/or specific smell that makes you happy? - Believe it or not Clinique Happy Heart perfume makes me happy. (I wrote about it HERE). The smell of salt water and coconut tanning oil makes me happy too...because it reminds me of the beach and the ocean, and the scent of peach pie in the oven makes me happy too...because I love pie. It's my favorite dessert.