When I received the opportunity to try the Sultra Bombshell Pink Rod Curling Iron I have to admit I was pretty stoked. I had been wanting to try a clipless curling iron for some time now, but just never got around to reading reviews or deciding which one I wanted. I knew I wanted a clipless Iron because there are about a zillion and one times I have managed to ruin my hair with the clip. Either curing the wrong way, which added a crimp in my hair, or having my hair get tangled in the clip and it looking like a fried mess once I wrestled it free. I knew that the clipless style was for me.
What I really liked about the Sultra Bombshell Clipless Rod Curling Iron was:
- It has a rapid heat up. No having to wait around for me to start styling.
- It has an auto shut off safety feature. Even though I'm usually good about unplugging appliances after I use them, there is always that "one time" they one can forget and then there are tragic results.
- It has a two year warranty! Trust me. Curling irons can last a long time, but if you have a problem it's nice to know you're protected.
- It has a durable, heat resistant, lightweight body. Nothing worse than getting fatigued curling your hair! Am I right? This Sultra Bombshell is light and does not make my arms tired while using it!
- Last but not least, A ceramic barrel which is snag free and creates shiny curls.
The Sultra Bombshell also boasts a constant, even 360°F heat, a 9 ft, no tangle swivel cord, Universal Voltage and a Complimentary styling glove and iron pad included
The 1" barrel is great for creating luscious bouncy and shiny waves in my hair. I found that my hair held the curl longer while using this iron and was far shiner than I had ever seen. Using a smaller diameter barrel would result in ringlet curls, which is great for some looks, but most of the time I just want some bounce, volume and a nice controlled wave to my hair. The 1" barrel from the Sultra Bombshell does just that. Best yet. I don't have to stand there for what seems like an eternity for the iron to work. The high heat makes it a cinch to create that fantastic curl/wave!
The Sultra Bombshell Pink Rod Curling Iron comes with a Felt mat in which to lay your iron on, in between curling and while it is heating up.
It also comes with a styling glove.
There were just 2 things I was less than thrilled about the Sultra Bombshell
1) The temperature was not adjustable. I wish I could adjust the temperature, because I have very fine hair and too high heat will damage it.
2) The styling glove is not very heat resistant. It works for a short period of time, but I would not recommend that you use it while directly touching the iron. It felt like my hand was getting way too hot while I was holding down the end of my hair while using it.
But other than those 2 things, I really have no complaints. I just use a different styling glove when I use the Sultra Bombshell and I have had no issues with it. The high heat just means that I don't use it on my hair as long as other with thicker hair would. No problem either.
Now here is what sold me on the Sultra Bombshell.
a) It's pink and in support of Breast Cancer awareness, Sultra is donating a portion of the proceeds of The Bombshell Pink to Susan G. Komen for the Cure.
b) The end result!
Umm...helloo! Look at my hair!?! It looks so freakin' awesome and I'm so pleased with it because I didn't have to go to a salon to get it to look like this!
Do you NEED this? If you want shiny, bouncy waves that last for hours and hours then YES! The Sultra Bombshell Pink retails for $130. But for ONLY $99, you can purchase it from Nordstrom as it is still listed as a Nordstrom Exclusive! Think of all the money you spend on other inferior curling irons and styling sprays and possible repairing treatments from using irons that damage your hair, and I bet that adds up to more than $130. So yeah. It's worth it! You can also purchase the Sultra The Bombshell Pink directly from www.sultra.com for $130