The Beauty Spotlight Team’s current assignment is to list twelve items you would like to have if you were stranded on a desert island until help arrives. There is a stipulation that items like sunscreen and lip balm will not be on the list because those are simply a must have and we are imagining that there is a hidden cache of those type of products already on the island. As beauty bloggers we always want to look out best...but to be honest. If I'm on a deserted island the last thing I'll think about it makeup. This is an opportunity to focus on taking care of my skin! That's why I have decided to focus mainly on skin care and then reserve just a few makeup items to apply when I'm rescued. I mean, you never know who might rescue you. It could be Chris Hemsworth for all I know. I wouldn't want to look like a bedraggled sea witch if he came to the rescue. So let's take a look at the skin pampering I'll be using during my island exile.
First and foremost I want clean skin. That means being able to effectively wash off the sunscreen at the end of the day. That's why I selected three different cleansers:
1) Boscia MakeUp-BreakUp Cool Cleansing Oil - This oil cleanser will remove all water proof sunscreen and anything else, for that matter. It's my go-to Oil cleanser
2) Bioderma - Crealine H2O - Ultra-Mild Non-Rinse Face and Eyes Cleanser - This is a Make-up remover and cleansing micellar water. It has no perfume is non detergent and non foaming. It is the perfect solution to get rid of dirt and grime without upsetting the pH of your skin! I use this soothing solution every morning and evening.
3) Freeze 24/7 Skin Glace Daily Detoxifying Cleanser and Mask - this cleanser is a workhorse. It cleans like a regular cleanser, it can be used as a mask to brighten and refine AND you can use it as a shaving cream! What more could you ask for?
Then I'll need to moisturize because the salty sea and sun will not be kind to my skin :
4) Stages of Beauty Elegance Treatment Cream - This moisturizing cream is perfect for my sensitive skin. It calms my skin and plumps up fine lines. Plus it has no retinoids which would cause me undo harm whilst sitting in the sun! So yay for that!
5) Chanel Sublimage La Creme Yeux - This eye cream is the ultimate luxury. It's costly, but it works. My eye area has never looked more youthful...OK. it looked more youthful when I was younger, but it still looks awesome when I use this creme!
6) Kiehl's Creme de Corps Body Lotion - My favorite body moisturizer. No heavy perfumes, no greasy feel and the moisturization lasts a long time. I could bathe in this stuff. I hope the island has a vat of it handy!
I'll also need to "maintain" because I don't want to be a pimply, hairy beast when I'm rescued:
7) Mario Badescu Drying Lotion - A must have for those little emergencies. You know. Pimples that pop up. I dab a bit of this on a newly formed pimple at night, and when I wake up in the morning it's gone! It's a miracle!
8) Gillette Venus Embrace Razor - I'm not picky when it comes to razors. Really I'm not, but I figure why not get one that doesn't nic me or cause a lot of razor burn. Plus I have been using the same handle for a few years now and all I need are those disposable cartridges.
9) Tweezerman Stainless Steel Slant Tweezer - Because I would have a unibrow if i didn't tweeze. 'Nuff said.
Now. WHEN I am rescued. I do not plan to go all Tom Hanks in Cast Away and construct a raft and stuff. I also do not plan to befriend a bloody volleyball and call him Wilson. I do plan on being rescued and I do plan on looking really amazing. After all I have survived on a diet of tropical fruits and tubers, Seafood and fresh water. I will have a slammin' body for all that great non fatty, unprocessed, fresh food. I better make sure I don't look like Tom Hanks when my knight in shining armor comes to pick me up. Therefore I will have three essentials with me. My skin will already be perfection because I have been treating it well for all these months and then all I will need is a little mascara and lipstick and I'll be good to go!
10) Estée Lauder 'Pure Color Stay On' Shadow Paint in Pink Zinc - This makes a great base shadow and it can be used as a primer. In addition, a little touch above the cheeks and eyebrows and you have highlighter to boot! WIN!
11) Josie Maran GoGo Instant Natural Volume Mascara - Wonderful Mascara, Doesn't flake or smudge and it makes mt lashes look huge! I'll want to be able to bat my lashes at my rescuer!
12) Besame Crimson Cream Rouge - This multi-purpose baby will serve as my blush and lip color. It's a perfect pink-y red and will make me look less like a piece of driftwood, should someone come calling!
What about my hair?
Well I think this little stay on this desert island is a perfect time to shave my head and start growing my hair out again. No dyes, no split ends, just my natural hair. Plus shaving my head may win me a golden globe or an oscar. Look what happened to Anne Hathaway when she shaved her head!