Top 10 Tuesdays is back and we're getting you ready for the colder weather. This week I bring you my Top 10 Skin Care items for Cold Weather. Oh and I included 1 hair care item because ... well... because I could. Now don't argue with me. See the asterisk in the picture. That relieves me of any legal entanglements that might occur from you mistaking the one hair care item for skin care. So there!
So what do we have in this long list of mine? In no particular order:
1. Body Lotion - My favorite is Kiehl's Creme de Corps. (press sample) You can read my review HERE but please note that I have fallen madly in love with this rich and luxurious body lotion and I might be a bit biased. We're getting married. We're registered at anyplace Kiehl's products are sold.
2. Cuticle Salve - I recently discovered Balm Balm Rose Geranium Hand Balm. (purchase) Don't let the "hand" in this hand balm fool you. This is for your cuticles. Not only does it contain natural ingredients, it smells amazing. This balm melts with your body heat and turns to a delicious oil that soaks your dry, craggy, crime scene cuticles with nourishing shea butter, jojoba oil, and rose geranium oil. Slather this on at night and in the morning you'll awake with pretty cuticles less worthy of a crime scene. I Promise.
3. Hand Cream - You must treat the whole hand, not just the cuticles, so that's why I always have a tube of Bliss High Intensity Hand Cream. (purchase) This moisturizes, absorbs quickly and never feels greasy or sticky. Even Mr. Sith uses this stuff!
4. Lip Balm - I adore FRESH Sugar Lip Treatment. (purchase) I love that it comes in a bevy of colors (Reviewed HERE, HERE, and HERE) but the clear does just fine for me. It's expensive, but I don't care. My lips would rob a bank to pay for this stuff. it's just that good!
5. Body Butter - Sometimes my evening moisturizing ritual needs a little more than just lotion. That's when I reach for my coveted Jo Malone Vitamin E Cream. (purchase) This indulgent body butter is thick and smells like honey. The tub lasts for a long time. (I'm on my second one in over 2 years). It's perfect for your feet, elbows, knees, anywhere your need a little extra attention this winter.
6. Intense Hydration - Sometimes hand creams, lotions and the rest just won't do it...like when I'm sledding with Darthypie and i want to make sure my hands don't crack in the cold air. I reach for my trusty Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Hand Cream. (press sample) This is more like a salve than a cream and it acts almost like a barrier to the cold and dry climate. I feel like I'm wearing a glove of moisture when I wear this. It's also perfect for an over night treatment for your hands. Plus the word "Norwegian" reminds me of Vikings and Vikings are HAWT!
7. Face Cream - This cream is more of a gel but AmorePacific has an amazing awesome product called "Moisture Bound Refreshing Hydra Gel" (purchase). It sinks into my skin and it feels like it's been imbued bit nourishing hydration. I wrote about it HERE. I confess I was hesitant to buy a full size jar (this retails for $100) after trying a sample, but I'm so glad I did. I'm on my second jar now!
8. Body Oil - Ever get out of the shower and start to feel like you should capture all those little beads of water that cling to your skin? No? Well I do and I found that the Caudalie Divine Oil (purchase) is PERFECT for sealing in moisture and releasing the most amazing fragrance ever. Not too sweet not too masculine. it's flowery and ... well divine! I find myself using it on dry skin too and maybe a little in my hair so I can carry the scent with me a little while longer.
9. Body Wash - Speaking of showers, it's tempting to take super hot showers in the winter, but hot water can rob your skin of needed moisture. Plus, if you live in an area like me with hard water, it's just a moisture suck. The Dove Deep Moisture Body Wash (press sample) reviewed HERE and HERE is perfect. It rinses clean and my skin never feels tight or itchy when I get out of the shower. Plus a little dollop of this body wash will provide mounds of creamy suds for a delightful bath!
10. Hair Care - I know it is a winter skin care challenge but I just can't help myself. I love this hair mask so much, that in the Winter, it's one of the few things that tames my tresses. I use the Kerastase Chroma Reflect Masque (purchase) about once a month because it is an intensely nourishing conditioning mask for my color treated and dry hair. It costs small fortune ($60), but my hair thanks me for the use of it.
So that's that. Check out a few other blogs that have great recommendations for Cold Weather Skin care below, and let me know what your favorites are in the comments section!
Shop This Post: